Pages

Sunday, June 28

a good book x

i have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library
{jorge luis borges}


i often feel sorry for people who don't read good books;
they are missing a chance to lead an extra life
{scott corbett}


books are the treasured wealth of the world
and the fit inheritance of generations and nations
{henry david thoreau}


reading gives us somewhere to go when we have to stay where we are
{mason cooley}

all photos above: dujour

my test of a good novel is dreading to begin the last chapter
{thomas helm}


photo above: i.anton

i have neglected my reading lately
and
have a very tall tower of new reads waiting
for me

i will start a new book tonight

hope you have had a lovely weekend
xx

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this entry! I love the images and the quotes. I wish I had posted it. Enjoy your new book! Have you read "A rival Hotel for Gentle Ladies"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photographs are all so, so lovely! I just love the look of really old books, there's something special about them! xx

    ReplyDelete

hello.....
thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your thoughts on my thoughts so please scribble your comments here
take care, sharon x